Saturday, December 30, 2006

Totally LOST

Dr. Leithart has an excellent post about the second season of LOST. Click this post's title to get to it.

I agree completely with what he has to say about the main characters. They are all complete psychos. I do appreciate some of the newer characters, like Eko. And I've like the Korean couple for a long time, they are fun to watch. They keep it together better than the rest of the survivors.

Let the record show that Sayid is indeed the best character: cool, calm, brave, strong, intelligent, the middle eastern good looks, and the best hair on the show. Unfortunately, he has bad taste in women.
In short, I'm glad he doesn't have mental and emotional breakdowns every 5 minutes like Jack, Kate, Michael, Shannon, Charlie, and Hot Lips (aka Analucia).

Oh, and the dialogue is idiotic. Let the record show that the screenwriter ought to be drug out into the street and shot. It's cruel and unusual punishment to give the most annoying characters a limited vocabulary. Michael keeps spouting the same things over and over again. "They took my son!" Yes! Alright, you pathetic, so-called man! We heard you the last 20 million times you said that.

I'm only watching the rest of season 2 because 1) I appreciate Sawyer's dry humor, even though he is dirty, crude, and a bad sort of 'hickboy' and 2) I think Sayid is simply the bees knees. (And I'm not one to go crazy over actors. Good ones are far and few between, especially these days.)

2 comments:

Ebbets said...

Great post, Liz!

I think Dr. Leithart is right on in regards to the actors' bossiness - they always have to know what's going on and approve of it before they will move an inch. I also can't stand how the actors are all solicitous, because it sometimes seems insincere - as though helping people when said people have emotional breakdowns will help keep them in charge.

Also, what you said about the idiotic dialogue is exactly right!

Sayid (or is it Sahid?) is pretty cool, but Hurley is by far and away the most chill guy on the show. Everybody loves Hugo. :)

Elizabeth said...

Well, Dr. Leithart spelled it Sayid, so that settles it for me. ;)