I sang this song for my audition for The Sound of Music, and they still wanted me in the play. Go figure. It is a fun song to sing, though.
Fish got to swim and birds got to fly
I got to love one man till I die
Can't help loving dat man of mine
Tell me he's lazy, tell me he's slow
Tell me I'm crazy, maybe I know
Can't help loving dat man of mine
When he goes away
Dat's a rainy day
And when he comes back
Dat day is fine
De sun will shine
He can come home as late as can be
Home widdout him ain't no home to me
Can't help loving dat man of mine
This song is from the musical Show Boat, which I haven't seen yet, but Faith has a CD with Charlotte Church singing this song. It's got a little jazzy/gentle swing sound to it and probably would sound better coming from a black girl, not some paleface like me.
4 comments:
life just a good
lol! That's great.
hmm... I can't remember if I've seen Show Boat. I think I have... but anyway... I'm trying to picture myself as a nazi. Is it possible?
Liz, Pullman has a dance store that sells the shoes. However, they did not have my size when I needed them so I ordered them online.....they were called "capezio student footlights" or something??? If that does not help tell me and I will get you the exact brand and name when we get home from our trip.
Post a Comment