People tend to think of summer as the relaxing time of year. It's warm outside and, very like moths, we are drawn to the bright sun to burn our skin, swim in the sea, lake, pool, wade in a creek, dig in the flower and vegetable gardens. The kids are free of schoolwork, and parents get more weekends off to camp or picnic. To want relax is not in and of itself wrong, so don't feel guilty about taking a break!
Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.
- Sir John Lubbock
5 comments:
Thanks Liz, don't mind if I do... :-)
Heeeyy...how did you find that blog on the left, http://atimetoeat.blogspot.com ??? I know almost everybody who contributes to that. They went to our church in Oklahoma. It is, as they say, a world of small size.
Excellent points and quote, Liz. I'm enjoying my summer... mostly. :-)
And now that you've mentioned it... I *might* think up something to say about rest... that could be interesting. :-)
Amen!
One of the best things about Italy was that C and I couldn't do work even if we wanted to. We both tend to feel guilty when we take time out at home to sit on the grass--but in Italy we had no choice. (Especially after granitas.)
Great post Liz! You did a great job describing summer and rest!
Post a Comment